Beyond Type 2 x DiabetesSisters: Sisterhood Takeover
How does DiabetesSisters help you live #BeyondPowerful?
Starting September 30th, sisterhood takes the spotlight on Beyond Type 2 and Beyond Type 1’s Instagram pages! We’re partnering with DiabetesSisters to show how women in their organization live #BeyondPowerful and #LiveBeyond with type 2 and type 1 diabetes, respectively. Founded in January 2008, DiabetesSisters is a non-profit organization whose mission is to improve the health and quality of life of women with diabetes and to advocate on their behalf. While the organization offers a range of education and support services to help women of all ages, it’s also known as a pioneer for peer support—connecting women with diabetes in-person and online.
- Must be a member of DiabetesSisters.
- Must have type 2 or type 1 diabetes.
- Those with latent autoimmune diabetes in adults (LADA) or were misdiagnosed can feel free to choose to submit either under type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
- Send a plain image with no photoshop or Snapchat or Instagram filters.
- Photos can feature yourself or yourself with another person from DiabetesSisters who encourages you to live #BeyondPowerful or #LiveBeyond with type 2 or type 1 diabetes.
- Photos should be taken in front of a blank wall or open sky—please, no selfies, we need to have space to write on the photo.
- The image must be in focus + at least 800 pixels tall by 800 pixels wide. A good cell phone photo works.
Are you a member of DiabetesSisters and ready to share your story about how the organization has helped you live #BeyondPowerful or #LiveBeyond with diabetes? Submit to our campaign today!