1-Minute Banana Bread
This recipe for 1-Minute Banana Bread was submitted by Elizabeth Arnold.
Do you ever crave banana bread, but you don’t have the time to make an entire loaf of bread? Or you decide against it because you think having banana bread requires consuming a bunch of carbs? If that’s ever been you, then you’re sure to love this 1-Minute Banana Bread recipe! It comes together super quick, tastes great, and is comprised of staple, more blood sugar friendly, ingredients you likely already have on hand.
Bananas do indeed have a higher sugar content than most fruit, but they also contain other valuable ingredients like potassium, and fiber. There is such a small amount of banana used in this recipe that you need not fret, it is still lower carb than your average slice of banana bread- just 12 grams of carbs for the whole serving. Plus one serving is super filling!
If you wanted a decadent variation, you could even add some chopped dark chocolate (ideally with 80% or higher cocoa content) in place of the banana. Either way you chose to enjoy this delicious recipe, you are sure to enjoy it!
- 1/2- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 5 drops liquid Stevia (or more to reach desired sweetness)
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1/3 small banana, sliced
- Melt butter or oil in microwave safe ramekin, bowl or mug. Swirl melted butter/oil to coat the sides.
- Add flax, almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, egg and Stevia. Stir until fully combined, then fold in walnuts and banana slices.
- Microwave on high for 1- 1 1/2 minutes.
Yields: 1 serving
Per serving: 12 g carbohydrates