Fudgy Avocado Brownies
When I came across these fudgy avocado brownies, I honestly thought it was too good to be true! I already had most of the ingredients. Plus, I must’ve blinked one too many times because the avocado I had just bought was now ripe and ready for use. I know avocado sounds weird for a dessert, but the healthy fat actually compliments the cocoa really well so it doesn’t taste like squares of guacamole. These brownies are gluten-free, fudgy and moist, and the perfect balanced dessert.
- 1 medium ripe avocado (mashed)
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine avocado, coconut oil, egg, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a medium bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine cocoa powder, sea salt and flour and mix well.
- Add cocoa powder mixture to avocado mixture and incorporate well.
- Add chocolate chips and mix until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 33 to 36 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for an hour before cutting into sixteen squares.
Want to submit a recipe to us? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!