Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
The following recipe is part of a complete Thanksgiving menu, featured here. This recipe would be a terrific compliment to your holiday feast, or any time of the year.
These “mock” mashed potatoes contain all of the flavor you love, but with just a fraction of the carbs.
- 1 head cauliflower (medium), washed and cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 slices bacon, cooked (optional)
- Fresh chives, for garnish (optional)
- Butter, for serving
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Place the cauliflower into the boiling pot of water and cook for 6-8 minutes or until cauliflower is very tender. Drain well; remove excess moisture with paper towels.
- While still hot, transfer the cauliflower to a food processor or blender and puree with the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic and salt & pepper. Blend until almost smooth.
- Stir in chopped bacon. Garnish with fresh chives and pats of butter.
Makes 4 servings
Per serving: 129.8 calories, 7.5g total fat, 8.6g protein, 7.9g carbohydrates, 3.6g fiber, 3.7g sugar, 13.8mg cholesterol, 284.9 sodium
Want to submit a recipe to us? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!