Chicken, Avocado, and Tomato Salad
Consuming enough vegetables throughout the day can be difficult, especially when salads are often the side event at the dinner table. This low-carb salad provides everything needed to serve as the main course and can be used as a foundation to add more of your favorite vegetables to your diet.
- 3½ cups (150 g) baby leaf spinach
- 3½ cups (150 g) baby kale
- ½ small red onion, cut into ¼–½-inch (5-mm–1-cm) slices
- ½ cup (85 g) cherry tomatoes, halved or whole
- ¼ cup (70 g) frozen corn, thawed
- ½ cup (120 ml) balsamic vinaigrette
- 8 oz (225 g) cooked chicken breast, shredded
- ½ ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and cut into ¼–½-inch (5-mm–1-cm) slices
- 2¼ oz (60 g) sliced mozzarella cheese
- Toss the spinach, kale, onion, tomatoes, corn and vinaigrette together in a salad bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes at room temperature.
- Arrange the chicken, avocado and mozzarella on top of the salad and serve immediately.
Per serving: 441 kcals, 23.6 g fat (7.8 g saturates), 15 g carbohydrate (8 g sugars), 45 g protein, 6.4 g fiber, 0.8g salt
Want to submit a recipe to us? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!