Peanut Butter And Jelly Smoothie
Most kids like peanut butter and jelly (most adults too), it would be shocking if they turned this one down!
- 2 large bananas
- 3 cups frozen berries (this one has strawberries)
- 6 tablespoons nut butter (we used almond)
- 4 tablespoons hemp protein
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Goji berries
- Chia seeds
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Fill the 5-cup blender up to the 5-cup mark with unsweetened almond milk, frozen berries, nut butter, and hemp protein. Blend.
Let the kids sprinkle chia seeds, a few goji berries and some unsweetened shredded coconut (these are relatively low carb if sprinkled on and lets kids think that they have more freedom with food in a really constrictive world).
- We find that the sugars from the bananas release slower, if Henry eats a whole banana I can’t even talk about what that does to his bg. But this is a little bit and sticks to his ribs, we especially like to give him these smoothies before a baseball game or ballet practice.
- This is packed with protein and perfect for picky eaters – just call it a milkshake and they’ll slurp it down.
Yields: 4 cups
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Per serving (1 cup): 22 g carbohydrates
Want to submit a recipe to us? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!