Roasted Carrots with Herbs
The following recipe is part of a complete Thanksgiving menu, featured here. This recipe would be a terrific compliment to your holiday feast, or any time of the year.
These Roasted Carrots with Herbs are fantastic and make an excellent side dish to any meal!
- 12 whole carrots
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, dill or parsley
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Thoroughly wash carrots. You can peel your carrots or leave them as is.
- To ensure even cooking, cut the larger carrots in half lengthwise.
- Drizzle the carrots with olive oil and toss to coat them.
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme, dill or parsley, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Arrange carrots in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes.
Makes 6 servings
1 serving: 130 calories, 9.6g total fat, 1.1g protein, 11.7g carbohydrates, 3.4g fiber, 5.5g sugar, 0mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium