Roasted Maple Brussels Sprouts with Apples and Walnuts
- 1 pound brussel sprouts, ends cut, then halved or quartered
- 1 large apple, cored and roughly chopped (I used a gala)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss brussel sprouts, apple, and walnuts with olive oil and maple syrup to coat evenly.
- Add in salt and pepper and continue to toss.
- Transfer mixture to a large baking sheet and roast for 30-35 minutes, or until brussels sprouts are slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
Yields: 4 servings
Per serving: 18 g carbohydrates