The Ultimate Superfood Bites
These are not meatballs but definitely the best snacks ever! They include some of my favorite things: sunbutter, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, and blueberries. I’m heading to the beach in a couple of weeks and these are definitely going in my road trip snack bag. Because let’s all be honest with ourselves, the best part of a road trip isn’t the actual destination, it’s the snacks. The bottom line here: any car ride longer than 10 minutes requires snacks.
- 5 medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- In a food processor, mix dates, sunflower seed butter, chia seeds, and coconut flour until dates are broken down and all ingredients are well combined.
- Add coconut flakes and continue to process.
- Stir in blueberries and pumpkin seeds.
- Roll mixture into small, bite-size balls (10-12).
- Store in the refrigerator.
Yields: 10-12 bites
Per Serving (12 servings): 17 g carbohydrates
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Want to submit a recipe to us? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!