The Ultimate Superfood Bites
Not meatballs. But, definitely the best snacks ever. They include some of my favorite things; aka sunbutter, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, and blueberries. Actual serving size? ~1-2 bites. Serving size that occurred on the day they were made? We won’t go there. I’m heading to the beach in a a couple of weeks and these are definitely going in my road trip snack bag. Because let’s all be honest with ourselves, the best part of a road trip isn’t the actual destination, it’s the snacks.
I once went on a trip with some friends to a concert that was only an hour and a half away, and my mom was appalled by the fact that I had not thought to pack a snack bag. So she immediately ran to the store and did the job herself (Insert Mean Girls “I’m not like other moms; I’m a cool mom.” quote). Bottom line here: any car ride longer than 10 minutes requires snacks. Obviously.
- 5 medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- In a food processor, mix dates, sunflower seed butter, chia seeds, and coconut flour until dates are broken down and all ingredients are well combined.
- Add coconut flakes and continue to process.
- Stir in blueberries and pumpkin seeds.
- Roll mixture into small, bite-size balls (10-12).
- Store in the refrigerator.
Yields: 10-12 bites
Per Serving (12 servings): 17 g carbohydrates
Prep Time: 20 minutes