Is there a better way than to start off your day with healthy, vegan, delicious & homemade waffles? They are not only easy to make but also light like a feather and super scrumptious!
(You can also freeze them and toast them up on a different day as needed)
(makes about 10 waffles)
250g spelt whole wheat flour
1 tsp backing powder
a pinch of sea salt
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp chia seeds
50 ml sparkling water
260 ml oat milk
1 tsp melted coconut oil (+ some more oil for the waffle iron)
1 tsp cinnamon
- In a big bowl, mix together your dry ingredients
- Add the coconut oil, sparkling water, oat milk and stir until everything is well combined. Make sure that there are no lumps in the batter.
- Plug in the waffle iron and preheat according to manufacture’s instructions (and make sure to slighly coat both sides with coconut oil.)
- Lay some of your batter into the center of the pre-heated waffle maker, close the top and cook until golden brown.
- Serve the waffles immediately with toppings of your liking. ( wonderful are fresh fruits, mango sauce, coconut whipped cream, maple syrup,…)
Carbs per waffle: ca. 22g KH (1.8 BE)
Recipe makes 10 waffles