Daikon Temaki (Sushi Hand Rolls)
Nothing like no carb low carb sushi. We dice up daikon when we feel like skipping the rice!
If you are trying to introduce this to a kid who hasn’t had sushi this is the perfect introduction! A lot of times if kids are in on the fun of making things, they are more likely to try it.
Check out the conversation that led to this recipe over here.
- 2 Daikon radishes, finely diced (a 7″ Daikon radish is 14 g)
- 4 tablespoons coconut vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Any veggie you can think of really
- Shredded carrots
- Cucumber, seeded, thinly sliced
- Avocado, sliced
- Red pepper, thinly sliced
- Sashimi grade tuna
- Nori sheets
- Soy paper sheets
- Wasabi or spicy mayo (4 tablespoons of Kewpie mayo, 2 tablespoons Rooster sauce)
- Make sure to check our “how to make temaki” or on YouTube if you need help making a hand roll.
- Cut your nori sheets in half, the long way. You need one sheet per hand roll.
- Place the daikon radish on one half of the sheet.
- Place the fixings on the diagonal of the square of the daikon you’ve just laid down. Roll it up. Don’t freak out if you mess up at first but also make sure that you are not over stuffing it. I know, I know it’s super hard you want to eat all of it, but you can make more rolls, because these are basically zero carbs. Stuff your face.
Yields: 8-10 rolls (depending on radish size)
Preparation time: 30-45 minutes
Per serving: 5 g carbohydrates per roll
Want to submit a recipe to us? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!