Gretchen’s Avocado Tuna Bowl
This is a great lunch to make because it is a spin-off of the traditional tuna salad sandwich, but it doesn’t include bread. It is low in carbs, high in protein and good fats and you can use the avocado as a bowl. Perfect on-the-go lunch.
- 1 avocado half with skin on
- 5 ounce can albacore tuna, in water
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- Remove the seed from the halved avocado, scoop out and save a bit of the avocado, making a bigger hole in the middle of the halved avocado
- To make the tuna salad, mix together tuna, mayonnaise, celery, carrots and the extra scooped out avocado.
- Place your tuna salad mixture in the carved avocado and enjoy!
Yields: 1 serving
Prep time: 5 minutes
Per serving: 6-7 g carbohydrates
Want to submit a recipe to us? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!