Tacos al pastor
Tacos al pastor are a meal to eat on the go.
For a low-carb option, consider using lettuce tortillas as a base instead of regular tortillas. You can add more vegetables, such as radish slices, cucumber or avocado for a more nutritious option.
Want to share a recipe? Email us at email@example.com or share your recipe here!
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 500g thinly sliced pork.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons achiote paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 4 corn tortillas
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Chopped onions
- Pineapple chunks
- Salsa verde or salsa roja (optional)
- Lime wedges
- In a bowl, mix achiote paste, ground cumin, paprika, dried oregano, salt, pepper, white vinegar and pineapple juice to create a marinade sauce.
- Add the thin slices of pork to the marinade, making sure each slice is well coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight for best flavor.
- Heat a grill or skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the marinated pork slices until cooked through and lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from heat and let rest for a few minutes before cutting into smaller pieces.
- Heat the corn tortillas on the grill for about 20 seconds per side.
- Assemble the tacos by placing a few slices of grilled pork on each tortilla. Add chopped onions, fresh cilantro, pineapple chunks and salsa if desired. Serve with lime wedges.
- Calories: 271 kcal
- Protein: 27 g
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
The nutritional information in this recipe is an estimate.